Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Getting there

 

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

 
Evaluation of C-R exercise "trough" and "trough": Tuesday October 5th,2004
Response:22 students out of 31, 6 absent students
(students were responding on their worksheet so some may have been reluctant submit)
1: What did you learn?
· I learned the word "trough"
· I learned new words
· How to use trough
· The trough of meaning

· Nihongo to onaji you ni eitango mo aru teido ittei no tsunagari ga kimatteiru koto [same as Japanese, the words that go together in English are relatively fixed]
· Tango no zengo ni tsukawareteiru tango ga daitai kimatteite, mata sore ni yotte tango no imi ga kawaru koto wo mananda [I learned that the words surrounding a particular words are generally fixed, and that the meaning of the word changes according to those surrounding words]
· Today's class is very interesting. Especially one word has many kinds of meaning. I understand we can suggest the meaning.
· There's a way in words to be written with other words
· Tango no tsukawarekata de imi ga daibetsu dekiru [you can tell the difference in meanings of words according to its use]
· How to distinguish many meanings by the context

· Phrase de oboeru no wa koka ga agaru hoho da to omoushi, mae kara yatteita [I think it's more effective to learn words in phrases and I've been doing it all along]
· I haven't know how to learn word kore made wa, tango wo oboeru dake datta ga dou yatte benkyou sureba ii no ga wakatta [up til now I just learned separate words, but now I realize how to study]
· Kotoba no manabikata, oboekata ga wakatta [I understood how to study and learn words]
· Hitotsu no tango ni kimatta tsukaikata ga aru koto to ishiki shinaide benkyo shiteita ga ishiki shite yaru to rikai ga fukamaru to omou.[I didn't think about how a word has a fixed pattern of use when I studied, but I think realizing this will deepen my understanding when I study]

· How to study words
· Kimatta iimawashi de tsukau no wa nihongo demo onaji dakara so yatte oboeteiku to oboeyasui to omotta.[ Japanese is the same in using set phrases, so I thought it would be an easy way to learn it that way]

|