Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Getting there

 

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

 

Evaluation of C-R exercise "trough" and "trough": Thursday October 7th,2004/11/02
Response:22 students out of 23, 7 absent students


1: What did you learn?

· "Snouts in the trough" no imi [the meaning of "snouts in the trough"]
· "trough" to iu tango no imi to sore ni motozuku shiyohou [the meaning of the word trough and how to use it]
· Trough has two meanings.
· Trough no chigau imi o mananda. [I learned the different meaning of trough]
· Tani, esabako [trough as an economic term, trough as feeding place]
· Need remembering a word with two meanings

· I learned how to use English word. We can't use word only itself, we have to make a sentence.
· I learn that the combination of words are important to use.
· It is important to learn word with other words always close to
· Tango de oboeru de wa naku furezu de oboeru koto ga daiji da to iu koto [It is important to learn a word not as a word but as a phrase]
· Some words are related to other words.
· Tango wa hitotsu no dokuritsu shita mono de wa naku, aru teido no kumiawase de, naritatteiru koto ga wakatta. [I realized that words are not independent, but in part created out of a combination.]
· Tango no tsukaimawashi wo hoka no tango to setto de oboeru koto ga dekita [I was able to learn the way of using a word as a set with other words]
· Hitotsu no tango ga tsukaikata ni yotte ironna imi ni naru koto. [I learned that one word can have varied meanings according to how it is used]

· How to learn English
· Eigo no oboekata [How to learn English]
· How to learn Engish words
· To memorize words
· Memorizing words
· I learned that I need to {learn: deleted in favor of}memorize word not itself but with the word {co:deleted in favor of}used together.

· Today's phone's function is excellent.


· The importance of groupwork

2: What did you find interesting?

· Both English and Japanese are same.

· We used the cell phone.
· To use cell phone to teach something
· Mobile wo tsukatte, jissenteki ni oshieyou to shiteireu no ga omoshirokatta [using the cell phone to try and teach in a concrete way was interesting]

· Keiyoushi da to keizaiyougo ni naru koto ga omoshirokatta [It was interesting how it becomes a financial term when it's used as an adjective]
· Onaji tango demo nichijoutekina imi to keizaiteki imi de tsukaikata ga chigau koto [the fact that even though it's the same word, it is used differently for everyday or economic meanings]
· Tangodoushi no igaina tsunagari ga omoshirokatta [the surprising linkage of words was interesting]
· There are different meanings in one word when it is used different situation
· Same word has completery deferent meening depends on the words come up with
· I find one word's meaning interesting. It has normal meaning and economic meaning

· Importance of a word with two meaning
· The meaning of a word is too many
· I find that a word has various meanings
· I found it interesting that one word has many many different meanings.

· We can remember the words to connect other words
· Kanyouku no naritachi ga wakatta [I understood how idiomatic phrases are created]
· A word can be used in almost same patterns
· Kumiawase wa igai to sukunai to omotta [I thought there was a surprisingly limited number of combinations]
· Omoshiroi to iu ka kanshin shita [Not so much interesting as impressed]
· Keizaiyougo ga wakatta [I learned financial terms]
· Blank (2)

3: Would you like to do it again?
Yes: 20 students

It’s more interesting than learning from a book/I'd like to do/often/yes, I would like to sometimes/I'd like to learn words more and more/kou iu no wo mo ichidou yaritai [I want to do this kind of thing again]/mijikana mono wo tsukatte manabu no wa omoshiroi [it is interesting to learn using personal, everyday objects]
No: 1 student
Answer:1 student
Keitai no tokoro ga wakarinikukatta [the cellphone part was hard to understand]

4: Did you like the A/B Groupwork? Why?
Yes:13 students

· Because I learned new dimentions of one thing in many ways
· Because we can teach each other
· That made it easier to remember.
· That made it more interesting and easier to remember.
· hoka no hito to hanashinagara yatta hou ga oboeyasui to omou [ I think talking to other people makes it's easier to learn]
· Because I study a word sincerely.
· Meishi ka keiyoushi ka toka no handan ga tsuku kara ii. [It's good because you learn how to judge whether it's a noun or an adjective etc.]
· We could find another meaning the we didn’t know.
· Because to separate two groups is interesting.
· Group work no ho ga iken ga deyasui [it's easier to express opinions/say things in a group]
· Johokokan no ho ga jujitsukan ga atta [exchanging ideas offers more sense of fulfillment]
· A,B ni wakerukoto wa ii to omoimashita ga, kaku A,B ga rikai shitenai to imi ga nai to omou. [I think it's good to separate into A and B, but if the people in A or B don't understand I think it becomes pointless]
No:5
· I had better do the both myself, I think.
· Jibun de A,B wo kurabereba ii to omou. Hoka no hito to kurabenakute mo ii to omou. [It is better to compare A and B yourself. I don't think it's necessary to compare with other people]
· I don't like. I want to discuss, not do groupwork like today's class.
· I don't like. Because I don't like to talk with many persons.
· Yarikata ga sukoshi muzukashikatta [doing it was difficult]

Other Answers:4
· Rikai suru made ni jikan ga kakatta [It took some time to understand the whole thing]
· Hitori de A, B ryoho no imi wo shirabete mo yokatta to omou.[I think it's also valid to check up bothA and B meanings yourself]
· Dochira ni mo yosa ga aru [Either way, doing it alone or groupwork, have good points]
· Dochi demo ii [Either is okay/ I don't care]

5. Do you know the meaning of "verb", "noun" etc?
Yes:20 students
No: 2 students


|